Sunday, August 30, 2009

Moi (hello),
So it has been a while since my last post and I have done many new things. Its great being an exchange student because you get to all sorts of amazing things. So first of all, I would like to inform you that I have made my first meal for my host family. I wanted to make something easy so I made some taco salad. :) Although making a taco salad is an easy task making it for new friends is the hardest thing. I was so afraid they wouldn't like it or that the various different ingredients would make it not as good as usually. What made it worst was that some of my friends had stayed over to try some. Everything turned out well though and everyone enjoyed it. My little host sister keeps asking when is the next time I will make taco salad.
On Tuesday I decided to make a square and that turned out very well they finished it within two days. :). On Thursday I went sailing for my first time. It was so awsome. It is something you must try one day. It can be scary at some parts because it feels like the boat is going to tip, but thats what makes it so exciting. haha. It was also a race and we finnished fourth, we were in third but at the end there was no wind so we weren't really moving and another boat passed us right before the finish line. It's kinda frustrating because it all depends on the wind, if there is no wind you can't move. haha.
Now my favorite part, on Saturday I went to the UEFA Women's Euro cup. Finland vs. Ukraine. Wow! It was so amazing the game is so much more exciting in real life, and I really enjoy soccer fans they are so loud :). Although, it was Finland's first defeat they did so good they just got a little unlucky at on part which cost them the game. Other than that it was amazing.
Anyways I hope everything is good in Canada, and enjoy your cheddar cheese because I really miss it :(.
Sophgettingfinnished.
xox



3 comments:

  1. Haha I was there too with Sannamari ^^ Nice game except the one mistake by our defender. Have to hail the scorer, Pakur, played an excellent game.

    Hope u enjoyed, shame that there were just 15000 fans, u should go and watch some men games when the stadium is full, it is almost priceless to see drunken Finns without shirt screaming "Hakkaa päälle" (that's what Finns were screaming during the war :D Means like "Hit them down")

    - Tatu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo Soph... moi et Martin on est tes followers! haha alors, je voulais juste te dire que nous aimons vraiment lire tes blogs! Ils sont super bon! Tu as l'air à bien t'amuser et on est jaloux de toutes les belles expériences que tu es entrain de vivre! Nous sommes fiers de toi! Tu peux nous appeler la semaine qui s'en vient n'importe quelle journée après 6:30 PM notre temps! Nous t'aimons beaucoup!!!

    Martin et Jac
    xoxxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the stadium wasn't close to being full but I am Canadian and we never have big football games like that. haha. We only care about american football and hockey haha. I know the mens games are probably way more intense I have heard stories of people dying just attending the game. But for me it was pretty cool haha.

    Jac je vais certain de t'appeler...Je vous aimes!
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete