Friday, August 21, 2009

Terve (Hi),
Wow Saturday will mark my third week in Finland. I can't beleive how fast time is going already. Well I have done many things since I last talk to you. On Wednesday I went to watch pesäpallo (finnish baseball), its kinda like baseball but way different. haha. It is very difficult to explain, and I still don't really understand how to play. Although, it is a very entertaining sport, there is a lot of talking and it's really fast.
Yesterday, I went on a boat ride with my counseller around the islands of the sea. We then walked around one of the public islands. It was very beautiful! Sailing season is now almost over, but when summer comes again I will get to go sailing. I am very excited, and I wish Papa could come with me! :(
School is still going very well and I am learning a lot of Finnish. I think it will be some time before I can understand because the language is quite different from french or english. I really like the language though, because it is very logical. 
Everyday I ride my bike to Lukio; it is about three kilometers. On my way to school there are a lot of uphills so instead of gaining weight I am gaining muscles! haha. Today I had to do the cooper test, we ran for twelve minutes and I ran the top amount of meters for my age group. We also had sprints and I had the best time in all of the girls. Well I think I have said enough...
God Bless,
SOphiE
P.S Feel free to send me e-mails or facebook messages. Tell me what is going on with you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment