Sunday, September 13, 2009

Hello everyone,
I just realize it been a while since my last post and I thought it was time to write a little something :). So obviously to answer your first question, no I'm not dead yet. The evil finnish aliens have not taken over the country yet. (right mimi)...Anyways I have of course done many new things. First, I went to a mens under 20 hockey game (Sweeden vs. Russia). The game took place in Hamina and was arranged and organized by my host dad so I had free tickets for me and two others. The friends from school that I decided to invite had never been to a hockey game before so I proudly introduced to them to one of Canada's national sports. It was very funny because the game was quite fast which scared them. They both said that if they were in the ice with the boys that would have died. haha. :). Sweeden eventually ended up winning 4-2 which really frustrated the Russian fans.
Last weekend I decided to go visit Kotka to meet one of the exchange students there. I went all by myself and took the bus, but on the way there I stopped in the wrong town. In Finland, towns are very close together and don't have a distinct sign saying Welcome to... So by accident I stopped in the wrong town which was very frustrating because I had to wait an hour and pay again for the next bus. Although, it was very crappy at the moment I learned from my mistake. Hopefully, I don't do it again. ;). 
On Thursday, I made my second attempt on making supper. I decided to make spaghetti and meat sauce with garlic bread which turned out to be a very great success. My host family like it and told me I can make supper anytime I want. :).
This weekend I went to my rotary district camp in Partaharju. It was really great to be with all the other exchange students to talk about our experiences and struggles. While there, we went hiking for three hours which was good but very long. We also had lots of sauna time and then we jumped in the lake and then sauna again. It is the best feeling I recomend everyone tries this once. :). You will feel so refreshed when you are done. Well I will finish my post because I am very tired...I hope to hear from you guys also...
Love.
Sophie xxo
During our hike.

Me and the Japanese exchange student.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Soph, Martin et moi venons de lire ton blog! Encore une fois, nous l'avons bien aimé! Nous espérons pouvoir te parler au téléphone bientôt! De notre côté, le choses se ralentissent finalement, nous avons passé une fin de semaine chez nous à rien faire pour la première fois depuis qu'on est marié! C'était tellement awesome! À part de ça, j'ai commencé mon stage depuis le début du mois, j'enseigne les maths à la 9e et bientôt à la 10e. Martin il travaille et va très bien. Nous sommes très heureux!
    J'espère que tu vas bien... tu sonnes comme tu vas bien!
    On t'aime!
    Jac et Martin
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophie, Moi! Sounds like you are having a great time so far as an exchange student in Finland. I'm so happy for you that you get to do/see so many sports! I think that's what you like, eh? Our Finnish guy, Eeki is also enjoying learning to play football. his first home game is today. It really helps to make some friends, I think. Next weekend we go to Neepawa for the first YEP weekend. So just wanted to say hello, I like reading about your adventure, you have a gift for storytelling, Sophie! Gailmarie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Nice to hear from you :)

    ReplyDelete