Saturday, September 26, 2009

I found a red maple leaf on the ground so I thought it was appropriate :)
Hei,
From now, on I will reread my blog before sending it. My last blog had so many mistakes and sorry for that. Ok, so it's been so long that I already forget all the amzing things I did. Usually I write it down but I forgot this time. So i'm just going to wing it :).
On septembre 18th, my town had a celebration called Valojen Yö which means night of lights. I went to a concert with my host mom and sister, we got to see the first Finnish Idol and many more. After the concert I went to hang out with some friends and I had lots of fun :).
On septembre 22nd, I went on a trip to Helsinki with my host dad to pick up some stock for his sport store. While there, we visited warehouses with sports clothing and equipement. I was in heaven. In one of the warehouses the guys gave me a free soccer ball, some socks and a scarf from the Finnish soccer team. Everyone was so nice. After that we went to see a cross country ski Hall. It was this large building that is open all year long and has a ski trail to practice all year long, it was really neat. We then moved on to the market, it was so cool to see all the different foods and all the people. My host dad's friends were at a fishing booth and gave me a free smoked salmond (my favorite).
On Saturday, I helped my host parents paint their new garage and put some siding on their house. I really enjoyed this because I was outside all day and it reminded me of back home working with my family. 
This week was the exam week and it goes on until wensday so I haven't been to school much. I only went for one finnish class and my finnish test which went really well. In the next Jakso (period) I am taking finnish, french, music, italian and physical education. I hope that all goes well.
Take Care, and tell me how your doing!
Sophie xox0
At the fish market.

Concert during Valojen yö.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Soph!!!!!!

    Tu as l'air à très bien aller! Comme d'habitude, Martin et moi on a vraiment aimé lire ton blog!

    De notre côté, Martin travaille et parce qu'il commence à 7h le matin, il doit se lever à 6h, alors, par 9h du soir il est tellement fatigué qu'il se couche. Je lui dis tout le temps qu'il est "un vieux pétard".
    Avec moi ça va bien, mon stage se passe tellement bien, j'aime ça et puis j'apprends beaucoup. J'aide à coach le volleyball et je reviens tout juste de l'omnium où j'ai coach les filles intermédiaires. J'ai eu tellement de plaisir avec elles et on a gagné la médaille d'argent. Mimi et Beaner ont gagné la médaille de bronze. Maman, Mil et Rox sont venues pour l'après-mid iaujourd'hui. Ça faisait du bien de les voir. En plus maman m'a amener plein de légumes du jardin! :)

    Cette fin de semaine nous restons ici, encore une fois et je vais essayer de prendre un peu d'avance dans ma planification de cours.

    Anyways, je vais télécharger Skype et on va planifier un rendez-vous, parce que moi et Martin on aimerais tellement te parler!

    On t'aime!!!!!!!

    Jac
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww... :D Jac tu me manques beaucoup! J'aimerais bien vous parlez bientôt. J'ai déjà parler à mil et puis nat une fois sure skype. C'est tellement cool parce qu'on ce sens vraiment comme si on visite avec la personne. La seule chose c'est que tu peux pas les touchés :(...mais bon. haha. J'ai pas vu Maman ou Papa encore mais je les appelles au téléphone au moins une fois par semaine. Il faut, parce que je parle a quelqu'un de différent à chaque fois. haha. Hier a marquée le deuxième mois depuis mon arrivé! Déjà! J'ai seulement 9 autres mois ici...ca va passer vite. Je commence un peu a m'ennuyer mais je vais être correcte et je vais m'ajuster :)
    Je vous aimes! Dit allô à Martin.

    ReplyDelete