Sunday, October 11, 2009

Hey Everyone!
 Well I thought it was time to give you guys another update. Lately I've been missing home like crazy, I often feel bored even though I participate in every thing I can. Right now, I'm kinda to the point where I am figuring out who are my real friends so its quite difficult. Also winter is just around the corner and nobody wants to go out because it is getting cold. I heard that its been snowing in Saskatchewan which isn't good because you guys never had an autumn and my Dad isn't done combining.
  Anyways, today is thanksgiving but people in Finland don't celebrate this holiday. I'm just trying not to think of my family eating some nice Turkey or chicken without me. haha. Other then that school is going well I am now settled in all of my classes and I like them. I have also joined the Hamina senior choir and I have practices every wenesdays everyone there is very kind and singing in finnish helps me learn more words. 
 So far, my finnish is very bad I can sometimes understand but speaking is difficult. I know a lot of words but I can't make proper sentences because the sentence structure is very strange (different). Yesterday, I attended my host rotary club's anniversary dinner. It was very nice there was a singer there and a few flutests. One of the exchange students living near Hamina also came to keep me company. Well thats pretty much my life in the past weeks. I hope everything is going well back in Canada! Happy Thanksgiving! Love you all :).
Sophie

1 comment:

  1. Soph... tu sonnes tellement triste... :( ça me fait vouloir pleurer...

    Mais, comme dit maman tout le temps, offre-le à Jésus et ça s'améliora. Quand moi j'ai de la peine ou que je m'ennuie, je me souviens toujours que c'est après l'orage qu'apparaît l'arc-en-ciel. En d'autres mots, tu peux te réjouir quand les choses vont mal parce que ça veut dire que bientôt ça va s'améliorer. Sans les mauvaises choses, nous serions pas capable d'apprécier les bonnes choses...

    Tu nous manques beaucoup aussi!

    De notre côté, nous avons décidé d'aller à Admiral voir Mémère pépère, c'était tellement awesome!!! (on vient juste de revenir) On a vu mémère, pépère, mononcles Frank, Dan, Léon, Guy, Randy et matantes Coleen, Gina, Darla, Georgeline,Gervaise et Christopher, Angelica et Nadine. Nous avons joué beaucoup de cartes et de jeux (of course) et mononcle frank et matante coleen nous ont amené au buffalo cliffs et au french man river. Martin a vraiment aimé ça, parce qu'il n'y était jamais allé. C'était tellement drôle, on essayait de trouvé des grosses roches pour les faire rouler en bas des collines et voir laquelle de nos roches pouvait allée la plus loin! (je pense que Martin a gagné)

    Nous pouvons voir que Mémère pépère et tout les mononcles et matantes ont vraiment appréciés notre visite! C'était vraiment spécial!

    Nous espérons qu'une de ces fins de semaines ça l'adonnera qu'on te parle sur skype!

    :) On t'aime beaucoup beaucoup!
    xoxoxo
    Jac et Martin

    ReplyDelete