Friday, December 11, 2009


Lapland!
So i'm very sorry, I know its been really long since my last blog but I haven't forgotten about you! I just get really busy and forget to write sometimes. I've done lots of new stuff but what I want to tell you about is my trip to Lapland. At around 17.00 on the 27th of november we left for Lapland. Little did I know the trip was going to last about 18 hours. The bus zigzagged around the coutry picking up exchange students. Once we arrived in Muonio it was already day again so we hit the slopes at around 14.00.  It was so horrible having barely slept on the bus and then going skiing the whole afternoon was tiring. Later in the evening we had an outdoor candle lit dinner. It was very beautiful but very cold. We had warm salmond soup and bread, and for dessert we had blueberry pie. On Sunday we finally got to relax a little. We went skiing in the morning but we had almost all afternoon to relax and visit. We were aloud to go to sauna of course and then we had another very good supper but this time it was inside. :D On Monday we headed out to Pallas tunturi and to a reindeer yeard where we learnt a bit about the lappish customs and traditions. We then got pulled by the reindeers in a sled, we also went dog sledding and snowmobile sledding. The days were nice and long filled with lots of activities but unfortunetly we had to leave on Tuesday. I was really sad to leave the exchange students but I was warmly welcomed back to Hamina by my friends. 
School is going very well and everything else is going ok. I will for sure miss christmas with my family but I know it will be a good experience to learn a new way of celebrating christmas.
Miss you all.
God Bless!
Soph xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment