Saturday, December 19, 2009

Hey Everyone!
Well the ones that are still reading my blog. haha. I see the numbers of views have gone down. I guess I haven't been writting anything to intersting latetly. My life here is just starting to become ordinary which is a good thing. It means i'm really getting adjusted :D. The only thing that could make my exchange better is if I could just learn the language. I thought it would be easier then it is but really finnish is so much different, and I guess its difficult making myself learn it because I don't really have to speak it. Of course i'm learning a lot of new words and I understand a lot of what the people are saying its just that I can't find all the words to express myself. I speak a lot of Finglish :P. Christmas is in only 4 days! I can't beleive its already time. I thought the coming of Christmas would be so difficult but so far it's not that bad. I guess all the holidays so far are celebrated so much differently here that I don't even think of it being the same holiday. 
The weather here has cooled of a lot. Last week it was +1 and now its going from -5 to -20. I guess I shouldn't complain much because I heard in Saskatchewan you have been getting -40. BRrrr. Not missing that at all. haha. I still wish I could be in a warm country at the beach sometimes but instead I get to skate on the frozen sea beside my house :).
School is going great. I had my last day on Friday. I like having holidays but I think I will find it long. After the break I move into my second host family. I'm really sad to move because I really love where I live and my host family is so awesome. I know that things will be great with the next host family too though. Its just that I think it will be difficult moving. I guess I can't complain it's not like i'm moving in with a skinning knife collector. haha. 
Well anyways I hope everyone is enjoying themselves and take care. Pray for me!
À la famille: Je vous aimes de tout mon coeur!
Soph.

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Sophie
    We still check fairly often to see if you have something new to tell us and are very pleased and excited when we see a new post. As you said Christmas is just a couple of days away. Time flies by so quickly it is hard to believe. I am working through Christmas so I am not sure what Randy will do. The weather is warmed up a bit so it is more pleasant to do things outside. I believe it is supose to be -10 or so for Christmas so that will be good. Hope you enjoy your new host family too bad you have to change mid way. But as they say a change is as good as the rest!! We will be thinking of you as always take care and God bless Love you always Randy and Gervaise

    ReplyDelete