Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hello Bloggers!!!
So I hope all is well back home. My exchange is already reaching it's final stretch. I only have about 2 more months to profit as much as my heart will let me. Since living in my new host family things have been going so well. I really like them and I actually really feel like I'm a part of them. Many things have happened since I last spoke to you guys. I hope I can remember everything...
First I had a rotary conference in Iisalmi with all the other exchange students from my district. It was so nice to see everyone again because for some us the last time we saw each other was in the month of November. My district in Finland isnt very active but it is also because the area is quite big and it is difficult to get everyone together. During the weekend we got to hang out with each other and of course we had to listen to a few boring speaches...nothing new. :)

The exchange students from my district.
Last Thursday I went to Sirkus Finlandia, which was very neat. I had already been to a Circus but a long time ago when I was really little. There were a lot of clowns and gymnists from all over EUrope. It was very nice.

Janina and I with a clown from the circus.
On Friday it was Vappu. Vappu is a day where the Finns celebrate the beginning of spring. There are a lot of people in the streets and balloons and ribons etc. At the begining of the evening I went to a local BBQ for my neighborhood and then I went to town to hang out with some friends. I had so much fun!

Me, Vilma and Emmi...My friends. :)
On Monday I visited the Fazer Chocolate Factory! It was so nice, we got to eat all the chocolate we wanted. It was a little overwhelming though, I must admit. At the end they gave us a bag full of treats from Fazer. By the way Fazer is the Finnish chocolate that is way better than any chocolate you can buy in Canada! :P. I will bring some back home for all to try! :).
Well I miss you all but we will be together soon!
God Bless!!!
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Hi! We still enjoy your blogs. Your time away is quickly coming to an end. You will have many well earned treasured memories of this journey in your life. Keep discovering and enjoy... Love Gervaise and Randy

    ReplyDelete