Sunday, February 28, 2010

Hey,
I'm so sorry about the the lack of blog entries for the month of February. The funny thing is that I did so many things this month. Instead of my usual boring blog I actually have something to say. This month has gone by so fast. It's already the last day of the month. I can't beleive that half my exchange has already flew by. In a way i'm really excited to come home and see everyone but I don't want to leave all my friends and I don't want to turn 19 :S. haha.
Anwyays, at the begining of the month it was koeviiko (examweek) so I went to Turku and visited a few of the other exchange students to help pass time. I had a week off and I couldn't hang out with my friends because they were all studying hard to pass there exams :(. I had lots of fun in Turku, the city is a little bit like Saskatoon. The week after my new period at school started. So far everything is fine but my schedual is a little bit boring and I wish I had more classes. I can pick more but at the same time there isn't any point in sitting in class that you can't participate in.
The third week in February was very busy. At school everyone was very excited. On Friday we had the Wanhojen Tanssi (old Dance) its to celebrate the 2nd years being the oldest in school. The Third years had the Penkarit to celebrate leaving the school. The whole school was decorated in this years theme 'the jungle.' All the third years wore costumes and threw candies at everyone. When I said threw I meant chucked candies at everyone. It was like Halloween. :D. I participated in the Old dance. I was very nervous because we were having trouble remembering all the dances but in the end it all went well.
After the dance weekend we had our February break. During the February break I went to Estonia for 2 days with my host Family. We travelled by ship across the Baltic sea. We went to the capital city Tallin. We stayed mostly in the orginal part of the city where all the buildings are very old. I loved the city, it was so beautiful. I felt like I was really back in the old days. The second day we were there was Estonia day so there were lots of parades.
The rest of the break I just stayed at home and visited some friends. I also watched a lot of the Olympics. It is so exciting to watch Canada win so many medals. The anticipation for the usa vs. can mens hockey match is killing me. I really hope we can win. :D Well thats all for now! I love you all and may God bless you!
Sophie

1 comment:

  1. Finally another Blog. Yeah!! Randy and I had some new reading material.. Thanks. (we have to get a life..Don't we?? LOL.) Sounds like things are going well for you. It is amazing how time flies and how we are rewarded when we put faith in our suroundings. The weather has been getting more favorable here we have seen a few days of zero temps. Spring is just around the corner can't wait. It has been quite foggy thiugh almost every day for three weeks. If the old wives tale is true we should have a rainy May. Well take care little one Love you lots Gervaise

    ReplyDelete