Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Hello Everyone! 
I hope you all had wonderful holidays with joy and love :). I had a great Christmas! On Christmas eve we went to mass and sang songs. We then went home and ate a lot of finnish Christmas food. I have to admit it wasn't my favorite but I survived :). After that we opened presents. It was so beautiful outside that night so I decided to go for a walk to think. It was so nice the city was so peaceful and cnadles were lit infront of many houses. It was very calming. 
After Christmas my host family and I went to my host grand parents house in Imatra. My host dad and brother left early and my host mom, sister and I stayed back. It was very nice and relaxing. 
On new years, my host family had a few friends over and then I invited a few friends. We went outside when the clock struck midnight to light fireworks. It was very nice. 
Today I moved into my second host family. It was really sad to leave the first one because I had been living with them 5 months. I really liked them but I know that I can go visit there anytime I want. My new host family are the Paavo and Immi Rönkö. They have two boys Oscari and Samuli. They are both in the rotary club of Hamina. I still live close to the school. I think everything will be fine here they are also very nice people. I have to thank God for putting me in such great hands :).
Other then that everything is fine. I start school again on the 7th. Friends are great and I'm not feeling homesick. I miss you all a lot and I hope that you are all doing fine. 
Je vous aimes. Priez pour moi!
Moikka!
Predicting my future on New Years.

Finnish Christmas Food.

4 comments:

  1. JE T'AIME Tellement!!! BONS BLOGS en passant! Tu écris tellement bien!!! Bonne nouvelle, je viens de voir mon horaire pour ce semestre et mes vendredis sont off alors je pourrai te parler durant la journée! Est-ce que ça marcherait pour toi??
    De mon côté, je commence l'université demain... :(, mais ça veut juste dire que je suis encore plus proche de la fin!! Martin aussi est de retour à l'école pour avoir son journeyman... ce qui veut dire qu'il vie à Regina avec ses cousin durant la semaine et revient me voir les fin de semaine pendant deux mois... aujourd'hui c'est la première journée qu'il est partit et il me manque déjà tellement!! Mais, ça deviendra de plus en plus facile.
    Je t'aime et je prie pour toi (Martin aussi, il m'a dit qu'il dit toujours une prière spéciale pour toi à la messe! cute eh?)

    Asta la vista! Joyeux Noël et Bonne et heureuse année!!

    Muah (Gros bec!)

    Jac
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just got a blast of winter white snow. It
    looks pretty but it is Dam COLD. Christmas dinner looked interesting. We went to Pepere and Memere's for New years hoping to feast on Cipard but fot he first time in their history they flubbed it and had to have an alternate menu. It was good anyway and we all ate too much so I guess it easn't that bad. I'm off for a few days. On sunday the Olympic torch will be in Herbert and a friend of mine is running the torch so I will go see her and cheer for our country. Thats the closest the torch will be to here. Well good luck as always. Keep your smile bright prety girl. Love Gervaise

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! Jac je t'aime beaucoup aussi. Je croyais que ce blog manquait beaucoup d'imagination mais merci :D Dit à Martin merci c'est bon d'avoir beaucoup de prière! Jac ça va aller au moins il est à la maison la plupart du temps :) Je vous aimes.
    Thanks aunty! Here in Finland the weather is quite nice it always stays around -10 or even warmer sometimes so I can't complain. I wish I could go see the olympics but I know that even if I was in Canada it would be difficult to go to. Vancouver is pretty far from Zenon. I can't believe Mémère, Pépère screwed up the cipard that a real bummer :( haha. Well Take care say hi to uncle randy for me. Love you both :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha Soph, je viens de relire ce que j'Ai écrit et j'ai fait une faute, Martin vie à Moose Jaw durant la semaine et reviens à Regina la fin de semaine!
    Anyways, j'espère que tu t'es bien installé à ta nouvelle maison!

    ReplyDelete